BIIAB has developed the BIIAB Level 1 ARAR in response to industry-wide training requirements to demonstrate commitment to responsible alcohol retailing.
The BIIAB Level 1 ARAR provides additional protection to licensed premises operators and candidates alike as it contains 3 mandatory questions that ensure every candidate fully understands the legislation concerning underage sales, serving persons who are drunk and the licensing objectives.
The qualification covers the following areas:
- The nature of alcohol and the effect that it has on the human body.
- The main issues in the 2003 Licensing Act as they relate to alcohol retailers and servers.
- Licensing law in relation to the protection of children from harm.
- The social responsibilities relating to the retail sale of alcohol.
- How to recognise drunkenness, and your duty not to serve drunk customers.
- Appropriate strategies that can be adopted to prevent or eliminate alcohol-related crime and conflict and the importance of personal safety.