What is ReAct?
The Redundancy Action Scheme (ReAct) is a programme of funding for training provided by the Welsh Assembly Government for people living in Wales who are facing redundancy.
The scheme can also help Employers who are downsizing their business or are recruiting staff.
Who is eligible?
Support under the ReAct scheme is available for individuals who:
Have become unemployed in the last six months as a result of redundancy, are currently unemployed, and who have not been in continuous employment for 6 weeks or more since being made redundant.
Or are currently under notice of redundancy; and have not undertaken any publicly funded training since being made redundant, including the work-based learning suite of programs.
What is Available?
There are 3 elements to ReAct:
Support is available for eligible applicants to increase their skills and remove barriers to learning, or returning to work. In order to ensure that this training provides the best possible chance of finding new employment, all applicants will need to have their training needs assessed by Careers Wales.
Careers Wales will also advise on suitable training courses and training venues. Under this part of the scheme the following financial support is available:
- 100 per cent of training costs to acquire new skills (up to a maximum of £1,500)
- Help with the cost of special equipment required for training
- Reimbursement of travel costs to training courses overnight accommodation costs, where appropriate
- A contribution towards the cost of materials required for training
- Reimbursement of childcare costs (subject to limits and conditions).
Find out more
You can get more information on ReAct from the ReAct Team in Swansea, from your local Careers Wales office or from Learning and Careers Advice on 0800 100 900.